Happy Monday!!! Hope your week is off to a great start! The morning classes (and noon class) were a little bigger today at the gym since kids are out of school and people are off work. It’s been fun. I think walking 7467376 miles over the weekend in NYC paid off for my ankle. It’s a little swollen, but it feels the best yet. I even did wallballs today (to a 10 foot target too!) with my friends Jackie, Rohit, and Lewis, and I had to be below parallel on at least half of them! I also deadlifted 195 lb today for part of our workout. I’m able to lift more and more every week, and I’m trying to make sure I’m not twisting or compensating, which is hard. But it’s cool to be able to do things I love after a little over 10 weeks. Baby steps!
Ok, so today is the 7th DAY of CHRISTMAS!
Every three to four months or so, I like throwing all of the recent podcasts I’ve listened to lately. Maybe you are like me, and you don’t really take the time to sit down and read like you should. I listen to podcasts while I drive, while I do laundry and the dishes, when I clean the house, while I cook, and when I go for a run or walk (<—–when I can actually do those things for fun).
I’ve received some good feedback from these, so I guess I’ll keep on keepin’ on with them.
Here are some past ones in case you want to check them out.
December 19, 2016 — This is the first one I ever did – back during the 12 Days of Christmas last year.
Anyway, these are all fitness and health related. Many have to do with CrossFit – (just giving you a heads up). If you’re looking for some good content, entertainment, and you just want to be better in numerous aspects of your life, check these out. I promise that one of these days I’ll make these a lot more organized and probably narrow my selection down. Believe it or not, I tried to keep the selection to as few as possible.
Podcasts October, November, and December 2017
In case you don’t feel like scrolling through (there are A LOT) just know that if you want a good laugh, yet still hear some good content, PaleOMG and Girls Gone WOD is the way to go. PaleOMG has been having a lot of guest speakers on her show, so that’s been cool. She also does a “Listener’s Questions” episode every month or so, and those have a lot of random food, fitness, style, and just all around RANDOM stuff on them.
I appreciate Girls Gone WOD because they are so real! Claire is 30, and a mom of a toddler, and Joy is a little older, married, and a LPC. They also picked me for a leggings giveaway from fourathletics(designed by Juli from PaleOMG) a month ago, so that’s a plus!
The CrossFit Podcast has been a new favorite for me! They have some great features on there. If you love CrossFit for the community, life change, and fun times you’ll love this podcast.
Mind Pump Media is another new favorite of mine… especially after Juli from PaleOMG had Sal (from Mind Pump) on an episode. They release a good bit of episodes. The first 30 minutes or so is just them Shootin’ the …..or just hanging out talking. But there are some great questions on each show that they answer. They talk a lot about diet, hormones, adrenal fatigue, CNS, weight loss, and overall wellness. They seem like great, all around good guys.
Pursuing Health with Julie Foucher is always good. I always look forward to her new episodes every other Tuesday (I think).
Chasing Excellence with Ben Bergeron is always good no matter if you’re a business owner, coach, athlete, or just a normal person trying to take steps to make your life a little better every day.
I just realized I didn’t put any Icon Athlete by Chris Spealer in the list, but that’s another good one to check out if you want some CrossFit content.
***Last, but not least, Brute Strength hasn’t released a podcast in the last several months that I wasn’t in to. I like the host (Michael Cazayoux). He’s pretty raw, and has had some great guests on there lately that have related a lot to me.
Here ya go! I tried to list out my favorite ones at the top, but they are all worth a shot! You should be able to click on the link, and it will take you there.
- Brute Strength Podcast – Achieving a Healthy Body Image and Demanding Greater Self Discipline with Emily Duncan (episode 123) – November 6, 2017
- PaleOMG Uncensored – Interview w/ Sal Di Stefano (from Mind Pump Media) (episode 56) – October 28, 2017 –
- Mind Pump Media – Juli Bauer of PaleOMG (episode 659) – December 11, 2017
- CrossFit Podcast – Ep 17.25 – Matthew Bickel – November 27, 2017
- Mark Bell’s Powercast – Acting with Superheroes, Overcoming Injuries, and Battling with Imposter Syndrome – episode 242 with Brooke Ence – December 1, 2017
- CrossFit Podcast – Ep 17.12 – Jamie Hagiya & Becca Voight – October 10, 2017
- Pursuing Health with Julie Foucher – USA Track & Field Heptathlete Tiffeny Parker on Beating the Odds – (episode 70) -Octoberber 17, 2017
- PaleOMG Uncensored – Interview w/ Miranda Chivers (episode 55) – October 21, 2017 –
- Brute Strength Podcast – Strength Training During Childbearing Years – Failures, Triumphs, and Lessons Learned with Michaela North (episode 124) – November 13, 2017
- Mind Pump Media – Amanda Bucci is Building a Fitness Empire (episode 633) – November 6, 2017
- Pursuing Health with Julie Foucher – Finding Balance with Two Time Third Fittest Man Patrick Vellner – (episode 72) – November 14, 2017
- Brute Strength Podcast – Performance Improvement Starts Greater Self-Awareness and a Mindset Shift with Justin Su’a (episode 120) – October 16, 2017
- Girls Gone WOD Podcast – Joy, Claire, and Craig Ballantyne – episode 231 – December 7, 2017
- CrossFit Podcast – Ep 17.28 – My Last Fat Summer – Kai Rainey – December 4, 2017
- CrossFit Podcast – Ep 17.24 – Cara Hipskind – November 25, 2017
- Girls Gone WOD Podcast – Julie Foucher – episode 223 – October 12, 2017
- Brute Strength Podcast – Goal Setting, Gut Health, and the Importance of Nutritional Consistency with Next Fitness Star Emily Schromm – (Episode 126) – November 27, 2017
- Chasing Excellence w/ Ben Bergeron – Fueling the CrossFit Athlete – episode 26 – November 7, 2017
- Mind Pump Media – Jason Khalipa – CrossFit Legend, Family Man, and Fitness Entrepreneur (episode 638) – November 13, 2017
- Brute Strength Podcast – 10 of the Biggest Things That People Can Do to be More Consistent with their Diet w/ Adee Cazayoux (episode 117) – October 2, 2017
- Brute Strength Podcast – Conquering Nerves and Taking Action For a Badass Life w/ Christmas Abbott (episode 127) – December 4, 2017
- Chasing Excellence w/ Ben Bergeron – The Importance of Being Strong Enough – episode 22 – October 11, 2017
- Brute Strength Podcast – Maintaining Motivation When Training For The Olympics w/ Record Breaker Jessica Lucero (episode 121) – October 23, 2017
- Pursuing Health with Julie Foucher – Obese to Beast with Jon Glaude – (episode 69) -October 3, 2017
- Mind Pump Media – Lewis Howes (episode 643) – November 20, 2017
Be on the lookout tomorrow! I’ve got an awesome giveaway that you don’t want to miss out on!
Over the remaining days, I’ve got a few more giveaways, recipes, workouts, and other little tidbits for ya, so hang tight. The purpose is to keep your mind somewhat focused on your health, fitness, and goals in the midst of this fun Christmas season we are in right now! Because you can celebrate Christmas, have a great time with the people around ya, AND keep fitness on your mind too!